Dear Health Care Professionals,
As part of our commitment to keep Canadians informed, Health Canada is continuing to make every effort to ensure COVID-19 updates are provided to healthcare professionals on a regular basis.
Since August 2021, Health Canada has published the following updates, for your information:
- On August 27, 2021, Health Canada authorized Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for individuals of 12 to 17 years old:
- Updated Information on Moderna English-only vial and carton labels
- Published the Health Product InfoWatch – August 2021 newsletter that included the safety information updates on product labels for the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Published the Health Product InfoWatch – September 2021 newsletter that included information on name changes for the COVID-19 vaccines.
Other sources of information that may be of your interest:
- What’s new: drug products : COVID-19 Section
- What’s new: Biologics, radiopharmaceuticals and genetic therapies : COVID-19 Section
- National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) Recommendation on the use of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in adolescents 12 to 17 years of age
- NACI rapid response: Additional dose of COVID-19 vaccine in immunocompromised individuals following 1- or 2- dose primary series
Please visit Health Canada’s COVID-19 vaccines and treatments regulatory portal to access the information for patients and healthcare professionals for all authorized COVID-19 vaccines and treatments