Lawyers call the medical record “the one witness that never lies and never dies”. Nursing negligence lawsuits are often lost because the medical record fails to prove that the nurse met the standard of care. Learn strategies for documentation that can protect and defend you in a lawsuit AND promotes safe patient care.
Good documentation is the key to your defense!
This just may be the most important nursing conference you’ll ever attend!
- Effectively improve your documentation AND patient care
- Examine attitudes and beliefs vs. facts and knowledge
- Discuss landmark legal cases affecting the medical record
- Learn what lawyers look for in the medical record
- Examine documentation from real medical-legal case studies
- Ask the questions you’ve always wanted to ask
Improved Patient Safety is the Goal. This conference is for all nurses of all specialties.
Please register for Defensive Documentation – Chris Rokosh, Connect Medical Legal Experts Inc. on May 20, 2020, 1:00 PM CST at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Brought to you by GoToWebinar®
Webinars Made Easy®
NOTE* – If you are attending the webinar on a smart device, please download the free GoToWebinar app.
Who is Chris Rokosh?
Chris Rokosh is a trailblazing nurse entrepreneur who, after 25 years of working in healthcare, decided to change things.
Many nurses simply accept that things are the way they are in healthcare, but Chris Rokosh doesn’t. She believes that not only can we do better, we want to do better. We just don’t always know-how.
Chris’s 40-year nursing career included everything from working as an emergency flight nurse to providing home care to HIV stricken patients. As a certified perinatal nurse, she has been present for the birth of nearly 10,000 beautiful babies. She has seen all of the good and all of the bad that healthcare has to offer. Then, her work as a Legal Nurse Consultant showed her, for the first time, how bad outcomes in healthcare affected the lives of patients. She also realized that nurses were making some of the same mistakes over and over again. One day, she decided to change things by creating an entirely new industry that bridged the healthcare knowledge gap.
Chris became Canada’s first Legal Nurse Consultant and built a business based on the belief that accurate, unbiased, scientifically-based medical knowledge can positively impact healthcare, law, industry and individual lives. Her recent book ‘Shift. Change. Empowering Nurses with Medical-Legal Knowledge’ does just that. Chris has provided expert opinion on over 300 medical malpractice cases and trained some of the top medical-legal experts in North America. Her company, Connect Medical Legal Experts now consults on hundreds of lawsuits on any given day and works with major companies like Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer and Bard.
Chris is a humorous, warm engaging speaker who connects with audiences on a truly personal level. She brings a wealth of experience to the healthcare and entrepreneurial worlds that educates, relates and motivates. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear her speak.
Chris Rokosh is a prolific keynote speaker and featured in national media, including Globe and Mail, Canadian Nurse, Chatelaine, Lawyer’s Weekly.
- Profit Magazine’s Top 100 Female Entrepreneurs
- RBC Women of Influence Award Nominee
- Alberta Venture’s Innovation Superstar Nominee
- Award of Excellence in Nursing Education
- Published author of ‘Shift. Change. Empowering Nurses with Medical-Legal Knowledge’
- Featured cover on Canadian Nurse Magazine https://fortmyersmensclinic.com/buy-generic-100-mg-viagra/
- Founding member of the Legal Nurse Consulting Association of Canada Prednisone Online
- Speaker and contributing author to the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants https://neurologyassociatesormondbeach.com/buy-doxycycline/
- Part of a national, multidisciplinary team for safer practices in Obstetrical care
- Member/speaker, Women’s Presidents Organization
- Developer and keynote speaker for ‘Introduction to Legal Nurse Consulting’ and ‘Legal Issues in Nursing’
- Invited participant to a national roundtable on patient safety
- Founder of ‘The Jamaica Project’ improving access to justice for victims of medical malpractice in the Caribbean
- Invited speaker to universities, medical and legal conferences across North America
- Media trained, a regular contributor to local and national media