Out of Province Graduates
This page is for applicants who:
– recently graduated from a Canadian Practical Nursing program located outside of Saskatchewan;
– have not yet written and/or passed the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPRNE); and
– are currently registered/licensed in the province where they recently graduated
If the above applies to you, please begin your Out of Province Graduate Licensed Practical Nurse (GLPN) application by clicking on the Member Portal and creating an account. Once your account is created, you are required to submit your application and all necessary documentation online.
On the home screen of your member portal, click apply in the Graduate box.
Once you submit the information above, a friendly SALPN Registration team member will review your information. If satisfied, the team member will provide you with access to continue your application journey. You will be notified of this via email!
When your access is granted, please log back into your SALPN Portal and provide the rest of your application information.
*If the English language was not your first learned language and the language used in your home as a child for reading, writing, listening, and speaking then applicants must submit English Language Proficiency. If applicable, English Language Proficiency can be supported by one of the following options:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- CELBAN (Canadian English Language Benchmark for Nurses)
- Evidence of completing four (4) years of full-time study in English in Canada. Full-time study is defined as a minimum of three (3) classes per semester
Following a successful review of the above, you can expect an email inviting you to log back into your portal to complete the $400 licensure payment. Once payment is processed, your GLPN license will be issued. If there are questions or outstanding requirements for your application, you will be notified by email or telephone.