Return to Province Applicants
This page is for applicants who:
- Are currently registered/licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in a Canadian province outside of Saskatchewan; and
- Were previously registered/licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Saskatchewan.
If the above applies to you, please begin your Return to Province Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) online form by clicking on the Member Portal and logging in. If your email address has changed since you were last licensed with the SALPN, you will need to email us at email@example.com to have it updated and your password reset.
On the home screen of your member portal, click apply in the Practicing box.
Tips for getting started
- Update your SALPN Member Profile
- If you’ve completed any other post-secondary education since last licensed with the SALPN, have the date, name of the program and location information available.
- Save copies of two pieces of government-issued identification on your device to upload.
- Obtain a recent criminal record and vulnerable sector query (dated within the last 6-months). This must be obtained from either the RCMP or local police department, third-party checks are not accepted.
- The SALPN has a mandatory education upgrade related to the IV Initiation and licensure cannot be issued without proof of completion. Depending on your year and location of graduation from your Practical Nursing program, you may be asked to provide proof of completion regarding this education, this can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have the number of LPN hours you have worked for the last 5-year period ready to enter.
- Secure the required $200.00 application payment (VISA, VISA Debit, MasterCard only).
- Send your Verification of Registration (VOR) form to the licensing body(s) that you are currently registered with. Once the other body(s) completes the form, they will send it directly to the SALPN. Click below to access the form.
Once you submit the information above, a friendly SALPN Registration team member will review your information. If satisfied, the team member will provide you with access to continue your application journey. You will be notified of this via email!