If you are near the end of or recently completed a Saskatchewan-based Practical Nurse Education program, you will benefit from reading the SALPN Student Instruction Package. Review the instructions and informational video, and if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Instruction Package
Following successful review of the above, you can expect an email inviting you to log back into your portal to complete the $450 licensure payment. Once payment is processed, your GLPN license will be issued. If there are questions or outstanding requirements for your application, you will be notified by email or telephone.
Begin your Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE) application by logging into your SALPN Member Portal. Look for the following option upon logging in.
Be advised that the CPNRE fee is due upon submission. Acceptable payment methods are VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit.
Other than the CPNRE fee, what do I need for my CPNRE application?
The SALPN requires all CPNRE applicants (SK Graduates only) to:
- enter your PN education program information and upload a copy of your official transcript (your CPNRE application cannot be submitted without the transcript)
- choose the exam
- upload 2 pieces of government-issued identification
- upload the required Special Accommodation forms, if you require accommodation(s) for the exam. Accommodations are only considered for documented disabilities and if you were accommodated during your PN program.
- review the Non-Disclosure agreement
OK, I’ve applied for the CPNRE…what’s next?
The SALPN will review your submission and if it’s acceptable your information is sent to the exam provider. The SALPN will notify you of any issues with your application requiring your attention.
Once the exam provider receives and reviews your information, they will issue you an email inviting you to schedule your CPNRE exam. This email may take up to one week to receive, and please check your junk mail folder! Through this email, you will be able to schedule your CPNRE date and time. Please note…if you were approved for Special Accommodations, you will book your CPNRE date, time, and location via the toll-free number which will be supplied in your email.
I booked my exam…now what?
Log into your SALPN Member Portal and begin your Graduate LPN (GLPN) application. Once logged in, look for this option…
What do I need for my GLPN application?
Other than answering some basic questions, please prepare to upload or provide the following:
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector query (must be dated within the last 6 months)
- Some RCMP or police departments require a letter to request a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Query. You may fill out and provide them our request form. Click here.
- CCPNR Code of Ethics course completion confirmation. Access the course at; https://www.learningnurse.org/index.php/e-learning/lpn-code-of-ethics
You cannot practice as a GLPN or LPN in Saskatchewan until you receive notification that you are licensed with the SALPN. Working without a valid GLPN or Practicing LPN license is considered professional misconduct and discipline sanctions will be imposed.
*If the English language was not your first learned language and the language used in your home as a child for reading, writing, listening, and speaking then applicants must submit English Language Proficiency. If applicable, English Language Proficiency can be supported with one of the following options:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- CELBAN (Canadian English Language Benchmark for Nurses)
Click this link for the acceptable English Language Proficiency scores.
The SALPN will now review your submission and if everything looks good, an invoice for the licensure fee is issued. You will receive this notice via email…all you need to do is log into your SALPN Member Portal and pay the invoice. The SALPN licensure is $450. Acceptable methods of payment are VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit or e-Transfer.
The SALPN will contact by email you if we have questions or comments about your application.
2208 Victoria Ave E
Canada S4N 7B9
Toll Free: 888-257-2576
SALPN acknowledges the organization resides on traditional land, referred to as Treaty 4 Territory, the original lands of the Cree, Ojibwe, Salteaux, Dakota, Nakota, Lakota and on the homeland of the Métis Nation. We honour and respect the treaties that were made on all territories and are committed to our partnership with Indigenous Nations in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.